Over the last few years, you’ve probably noticed a significant number of news articles talking about the droves of people, including many well-known celebrities and businesses, moving to Texas. So, what’s it like living in Texas? Why are so many people investing in new lives in the Lonestar State? If you are considering living in Texas, I have a few things for you to keep in mind to aid your decision. Here’s what I love about living in Texas, and I think you will, too:
- Texas has a booming economy. Over the past several years, Texas has posted some of the best job growth numbers in the nation.
- The energy industry is one of the biggest economic sectors of Texas. While the oil and gas industries have taken significant hits in the past few years, Shell and other gas companies continue to be some of the state’s largest employers.
- Other leading economic sectors in the Texas state economy include medicine, education, technology, and the service industry. Recently, large companies like Charles Schwab and CBRE have relocated to Texas and further enhanced the economy.
- There is no state-level income tax in Texas. While the state offsets this with relatively high property taxes, most Texans consider this an acceptable trade.
- Texas celebrates and supports the Second Amendment. While many people outside of Texas often mistakenly think of it as the “Wild West,” the reality is that gun owners in Texas are just as adamant about firearm safety and responsibility as they are about preserving their Constitutional rights.
- Texas has some of the richest history in the nation with strong Latin and Central American influences. The Lonestar State is perfect for any fan of national and natural history.
- The demographics of Texas are shifting quite rapidly, and many analysts expect the state to return to its roots as a predominantly Hispanic state by 2050.
- Texas is a barbecue Mecca and a fantastic all-around destination for amazing food. Some of the most legendary BBQ pits reside in Texas, and the state has a strong love for Mexican and Central American cuisine.
- Texas is home to Shiner Bock and some of the most coveted craft breweries in the country.
- The music industry and musical history of Texas are incredibly diverse. Texas continues to be one of the best destinations for live music in the country. Bluegrass, Tejano, country, hip hop, and blues continue to be widely celebrated musical scenes in the state.
- State and national parks in Texas are numerous, expansive, and beautiful places to explore some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the continental U.S.
- The real estate market is one of the most welcoming in the country, and the relatively low housing prices are a driving force behind Texas’ recent popularity.
- Texans are proud of their state and tend not to take too kindly to undue criticism. Don’t mess with Texas!
- Texas is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the country along the Gulf Coast.
- The Western tradition is alive and well in Texas, with plenty of opportunities for fairs, rodeos, and other Western-themed events.
- Spanish-style missions like the Alamo are some of the most popular historical sites in the country.
- Major companies from various sectors have moved their headquarters to Texas in recent years, further bolstering the state’s explosive economic growth.
- Some of the states seeing the most migration to Texas in recent years include California, Florida, Illinois, Colorado, and Arizona.
- Texas is a prime destination for hopeful new homeowners. Buying and building a home is more feasible in Texas today than in most other areas of the country.
- Texans are some of the friendliest people you are likely to meet in the U.S. and are exceptionally welcoming of newcomers from other states.
Cost of Living In Texas
The average cost of living in Texas is about 8% lower than the national average. One of the best benefits of living in Texas is that it is the 19th least expensive state for overall cost of living.
Buying a Home in Texas
So, why move to Texas? Buying a new home in the Lonestar State is easy when you have a reliable real estate team to help you with the process. Home prices are relatively low throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area in particular. The Frankie Arthur team is happy to help you find the perfect destination for the next chapter of your life in Texas.
Benefits of Living in Texas
Texas is one of the most beautiful places to live in the United States, with plentiful opportunities for everyone. When it comes to buying a new home, the lifestyle in Texas that you will enjoy is more than worth the effort. We can help you make it happen and guide you through the home buying process with confidence.